Brooklyn, NY

Favorite nurseries?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Niko 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Mattie
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’m pretty new to having indoor plants and don’t have a lot I could trade…I’m still growing my collection with purchases here and there. Does anyone have favorite nurseries, or any stores that sell plants, in the Sunset Park/Bay Ridge/Downtown corridor? I’ve been to Indoor/Outdoor Gardener in Bay Ridge and will go back but would welcome other suggestions as well. Thanks!

Mattie

Amy
    Participant

@Mattie 

Loews and Home Depot both sell a wide variety of plants. They also have  “rescue”/ clearance racks. 

You can find a wide variety of plants at the big box stores at a   much lesser cost, rather than over pay for the same plant at the nursery. Also as when purchasing any plant always before you let it befriend your other plant kids, isolate it first and give it fresh potting mix, and a fresh pot.  You don’t want to bring in unwanted bugs or any diseases.

Niko
    Participant

I am a big fan of Natty Garden in Prospect Heights (Washington Ave & Bergen St). They have a large selection of indoor plants and the staff is incredibly knowledgeable & friendly!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar