Red foliage for low light?

The Plant Swap Site Forums Plant Care Indoor Plants Red foliage for low light?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raven 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

raven
    Participant

Hi, does anyone have suggestions for plants with interesting color foliage that do well in low light? Thanks!

Amy
    Participant

Chinese evergreen/Red Siam. Caladium, Calathea, Prayer plant

TammyWammy
    Participant

Hi Raven,
    I strongly agree with Amy regarding Chinese Evergeens aka Aglaonemas. They have very nice colors on large leaves, the red is really spectacular although it requires a bit more light than the others. Also, syngoniums come in a range of green colors, as well as cream, pink, and maroons. Also, sanseverias have very interesting color foliage and do well in low light. The have leaves with yellow and cream varigation and stripes. I hope this is helpful.

TammyWammy
    Participant

I forgot to mention the family of diffenbachias. They have large variegated leaves and do well in low light. They do need a bit of humidity but otherwise are hardy plants.

Amy
    Participant

Draceana marginata, Dracaena Janet Craig, Cornstalk Draceana,
    Draceana Massangeana

Amy
    Participant

Yes I forgot about syngoniums. Although some do require a higher level of light ie: Pink Allusion

TammyWammy
    Participant

How could I forget the marginata?  I had a few of them that I got from Ikea awhile ago.  They stayed behind when I moved but I do miss them.  The leaves had bright red markings and they were so hardy, even though they were stuck in a dark corner.  That is definitely a great recommendation!

raven
    Participant

Oh wow, thanks!  I wasn’t expecting so many recommendations, I’ll have to look them all up and let you know what I end up getting 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar