- This event has passed.
Calvert Community Annual Seed Swap
January 18 @ 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM EST
Do you have any seeds that you wish to share? Don’t have seed? No problem… This a great fun event to network with other gardeners, try something new, learn new gardening tips & tricks and share & gather seeds with others… Bring your native, vegetable, herb, annual and perennial seeds. Seed Saving Information:http://www.seedsavers.org/Webinar-Archive/
You can bring unused seeds from purchased packs or seeds you gathered from your own garden.
Label your seeds with variety type
(bean), name (blue lake) and harvest year (2016-2018).
Guideliness this year.
1. We are accepting old catalogs, gardening magazines and gardening books in good condition.
2. We are only accepting divided seeds; please DO NOT bring containers full of seeds or large packets of seeds (50+ seeds).
3. We CANNOT accept any seeds from invasive species.
4.. We are only accepting seeds harvested from 2016-2018.
5. Do not bring PVP (Plant Variety Protection) seeds because we are not allowed to swap by law.
6. Do not bring any GMO (gentically modified) or chemically treated seeds.
Register Seeds: 9:30AM-10:00AM
Window Shopping: 10:00AM-10:15AM
Phone #: (301) 855-1150
No registration required… And walk- ins are welcome…
More Info Visit: http://calvert.lib.md.us/ or https://extension.umd.edu/calvert-county/master-gardeners